Last Updated: June 25th, 2023
What Data We Collect
When you use our services, we may collect the following data:
- Contact information such as name, email address, and phone number.
- Usage data, including information on how you use our website and services.
- Technical data such as internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
As a therapy practice, we may collect sensitive data, such as health information, when it is provided voluntarily by you for the purpose of obtaining our services.
How We Use Your Data
We use your personal data to:
- Provide and maintain our services.
- Notify you about changes to our services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so.
- Provide customer care and support.
- Monitor the usage of our services.
- Detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
Align Therapy Group takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized modification. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us.
Sharing Your Data
We do not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request the erasure of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request the restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
California Privacy Rights (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). These rights include:
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. Align Therapy Group does not sell personal information, and as such, there is no need to opt out.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf.
Exercising Your Rights
Upon receiving a request, we may ask you to provide additional information to verify your identity.
We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.